Entries for TPOTY 2012 close on September 17th, so if you’re planning on entering, the clock is really ticking!
If you’re new to the awards, you might not realise that we have categories for all levels of photographer, from beginners up to seasoned professionals.
We have some amazing prizes for the successful photographers, including:
- a paid commission for Condé Nast Traveller magazine
- trips to Kenya with Explore and Morocco’s Essaouira Music Festival with Tribes Travel
- the very latest Fujifilm cameras (including the XPro 1) and Adobe software
- Plastic Sandwich portfolio books and iPad cases
- exhibition prints from Genesis and archive prints from the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
- Digimarc for Images subscriptions – to protect images online
…and the Cutty Sark Award– for the Overall Winner of TPOTY 2012 – is the pinnacle of achievement.
This very special prize consists of two elements: firstly, the winner will receive £5,000 – £2,500 as cash plus a expenses-paid international photography commission to shoot images for Cutty Sark Blended Scotch Whisky, with a £2,500 commission fee – a superb opportunity for any photographer.
And secondly, a unique, money can’t buy, opportunity! The Cutty Sark Award winner will create their own whisky blend! With the guidance of Master Blender, Kirsteen Campbell (pictured right), the winner will design their own whisky, selecting whiskies from a range of casks.
They will also design their own label and then bottle up to 50 bottles of what will be a truly unique blended Scotch whisky to their own personal taste. Even if they’re not a whisky drinker they can treat their family and friends to something very special!
To be eligible for the Cutty Sark Award you’d need to submit entries in at least two of our three portfolio categories – People Watching, Wild Planet and Journeys. Why not give it a try? You’ve nothing to lose, and, potentially, a huge amount to gain!