We caught up with her for a quick interview and she shared a few of the images she took on her journey:
1. Where did your African adventure take you? – We started the trip in Johannesburg, drove through Botswana and ended at Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe.
2. How did you travel in Africa? – We were a group of thirteen people traveling in a minibus
3. What was your impression of the people you met on your journey? They were extremely nice and welcoming. Especially the group of locals that looked after us at the Okavango delta
4. And the landscape? – I was there in October which is the really dry season (supposedly called the suicide month) so the landscape was without any leaves and coloured by sand and dust which was beautiful. As soon as the rain comes everything will apparently turn green in a week or to and change the landscape completely.
5. Did you see incredible wildlife? – We saw a lot of zebras and elephants. And towards the end I saw giraffes which was super exiting. No snakes, thank God!
6. What is your strongest memory of the trip? – Definitely the Okavango delta. We stayed there for two nights and it was incredible to camp out in that wilderness. It was amazing to travel around it in the local canoes and then end the whole experience with a helicopter flight over the area, seeing herds of animals below.
7. As a photographer, did you ever find yourself short of something to photograph? – Never!
8. Would you like to go back? – It was my first time in Africa and I cant wait to go back!