Taking time out from the sunshine to admire this glorious image of Zadie Smith, shot by the legendary Eamonn McCabe, who’s speaking on People & Cultures Day at the TPOTY Festival at the RGS on October 16th. We have an amazing line-up of speakers for this day – so exciting!
- Steve Bloom – who got the thumbs-up from all concerned when he spoke on Exploring Photography & Travel Day – returns to regale us with tales of his many years photographing the peoples and cultures of Africa.
- Focus on the Human Planet – Series producer, Dale Templar, talks about the BBC’s Human Planet series and how it came to fruition.
- Photography Question Time – Chris Coe chairs a panel of photographers answering your questions on anything photographic. Panel includes Mary Robert, Nick Meers & Steve Bloom.
- A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Bazaar – Mary Robert tells how a trip to Turkey & a chance encounter turned into a fascinating photographic project.
- Winning Images – Ever wondered how the winning images are chosen when you enter a photography competition? Colin Finlay, organiser of Wildlife Photographer of the Year, & TPOTY judge, Nick Meers, discuss the way awards are judged and what catches the judges’ eye.
- Light Fantastic – TPOTY founder, Chris Coe, looks at light, composition & what gives an image impact.
- John Thomson: Photographic Pioneer – James Ryan explores the photography of one of its early exponents from the days of the lantern slide
It’s a fabulous way to end the TPOTY Festival, before the TPOTY team is submerged beneath the judging rounds for TPOTY 2011 (which closes on October 9th…).